One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who deceives or tricks someone.‘the former CEO will be remembered as one of the great corporate hoodwinkers’
- ‘The charming Texas hoodwinker is the unreal deal.’
- ‘Was Chadwick a hoodwinker, or was he hoodwinked?’
- ‘Too many hoodwinkers resort to sweet-talking and give would-be-wives shady marriage promises.’
- ‘This is the new world order, the thieves, the hoodwinkers.’
- ‘They're all a bunch of hoodwinkers, bamboozlers, grifters and swindlers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.