Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young woman who has many casual sexual partners or who dresses or behaves in a sexually provocative way.‘I'm not going to become a hoochie or anything, but I don't know if I'm going to wait for a ring on my finger’as modifier ‘hoochie outfits’
promiscuous womanView synonyms
- ‘Actually, all kidding aside, we like her all the more without the hoochie grind.’
- ‘Don't get the impression that I'm a total hoochie sleeping with random boys.’
- ‘No roommate of mine dresses like a hoochie momma!’
- ‘It's not that hoochie you were with at the pool, is it?’
- ‘I watched him with amusement as he followed the hoochies with hungry eyes.’
1980s: origin uncertain.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.