One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A young woman who has many casual sexual partners or who dresses or behaves in a sexually provocative way.‘I'm not going to become a hoochie or anything, but I don't know if I'm going to wait for a ring on my finger’as modifier ‘hoochie outfits’
promiscuous womanView synonyms
- ‘Don't get the impression that I'm a total hoochie sleeping with random boys.’
- ‘It's not that hoochie you were with at the pool, is it?’
- ‘No roommate of mine dresses like a hoochie momma!’
- ‘Actually, all kidding aside, we like her all the more without the hoochie grind.’
- ‘I watched him with amusement as he followed the hoochies with hungry eyes.’
1980s: origin uncertain.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.