Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A young woman who has many casual sexual partners or who dresses or behaves in a sexually provocative way.‘I'm not going to become a hoochie or anything, but I don't know if I'm going to wait for a ring on my finger’[as modifier] ‘hoochie outfits’
promiscuous womanView synonyms
- ‘No roommate of mine dresses like a hoochie momma!’
- ‘Actually, all kidding aside, we like her all the more without the hoochie grind.’
- ‘It's not that hoochie you were with at the pool, is it?’
- ‘I watched him with amusement as he followed the hoochies with hungry eyes.’
- ‘Don't get the impression that I'm a total hoochie sleeping with random boys.’
1980s: origin uncertain.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.