One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
There is equality in the contest.‘they are meeting in the final for the fifth time with honours even’
- ‘In total Northampton have made 19 League trips to York and honours are even with seven wins to each club and five draws.’
- ‘A close game is expected as honours are even between Munster and Castres from their two meetings in the group stage of this year's competition.’
- ‘However, Anand struck back immediately in game two, and at the end of the first day the honours are even at 1-1.’
- ‘Brighton have made 11 previous league visits and honours are even with five wins to each club and one draw.’
- ‘The honours are even, with India winning twice, Pakistan winning twice, and one match ending in a draw.’
- ‘Overall, though, honours are even: seven wins each.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.