Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
There is equality in the contest:‘they are meeting in the final for the fifth time with honours even’
- ‘A close game is expected as honours are even between Munster and Castres from their two meetings in the group stage of this year's competition.’
- ‘However, Anand struck back immediately in game two, and at the end of the first day the honours are even at 1-1.’
- ‘In total Northampton have made 19 League trips to York and honours are even with seven wins to each club and five draws.’
- ‘Overall, though, honours are even: seven wins each.’
- ‘The honours are even, with India winning twice, Pakistan winning twice, and one match ending in a draw.’
- ‘Brighton have made 11 previous league visits and honours are even with five wins to each club and one draw.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.