Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The quality of bringing or deserving honour.‘she was the essence of kindness, honourability, and integrity’
- ‘The obvious concepts of taking the high ground, having the sun at your back, forcing your opponent to the edge, etc. all fail to pass the fairness and honorability test.’
- ‘The woman was childless, and her "sentiments of piety and honorability" guaranteed "a favorable future" to the girl she hoped to receive.’
- ‘It recognizes the honorability of deferring dreams for the sake of protecting the people you love.’
- ‘It's not every day you will come across a man of his decency, honourability and sheer good nature, and even if you tried it would be impossible to find a flaw in the make up of his character.’
- ‘Honourability and integrity might well have been his middle names, and when he retired and put the uniform away he did so with a record of service behind him that anyone would be proud and indeed privileged to have.’
- ‘He brought that honourability with him into the classroom, and at the end of the day it was his young pupils who were the real beneficiaries of it.’
- ‘"What has been said and reported is an offence to the honourability of the Portuguese FA."’
- ‘Despite his years of preaching the essential honorability of man, van Merkensteijn never expected that all his employees would be paragons.’
- ‘But as her closer association with Mr. Darcy had worn down her earlier prejudices, she had come to put a great deal of faith in his essential honourability.’
- ‘But those of us who know you, know of your honorability and integrity as a certainty.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.