One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to Honduras or its people.‘a pot of fresh-ground Honduran coffee’
- ‘Until his death in 2000, he and the people he inspired transformed Honduran agriculture.’
- ‘There is a Honduran school of impressionist painting whose favorite themes include village street scenes.’
- ‘Honduran Spanish has a distinct accent.’
- ‘He said the Honduran forward might play against Seattle.’
- ‘Serrano is part Honduran and part Afro-Cuban.’
A native or inhabitant of Honduras.‘Hondurans use some words that are not heard in other Spanish-speaking countries’
- ‘Hondurans will go to the polls to vote in presidential, parliamentary and local elections next month.’
- ‘The Honduran has had a rough start to the season, but turned in a solid 28-minute performance.’
- ‘Who knew that a Honduran's idea to brand bananas with a saucy image would change the produce business forever?’
- ‘The first Hondurans came to the USA in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.