One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or characteristic of being sexually attracted solely to people of one's own sex.
- ‘The brief debate leading up to the passing of the act was full of bigoted attacks against homosexuality.’
- ‘Persons facing attack, inhumane treatment, or serious discrimination because of their homosexuality, and whose governments are unable or unwilling to protect them, should be recognized as refugees.’
- ‘He has always refused to talk about his personal life, even though his homosexuality was widely known in media and political circles.’
- ‘He was very outspoken against homosexuality.’
- ‘The gay icon declared her homosexuality in 1992.’
- ‘It is hard to imagine how difficult it was for the man to openly admit his homosexuality.’
- ‘The scandal has shown up the worst aspects of the press in terms of its attitude toward homosexuality.’
- ‘The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde shows how society viewed and reacted to homosexuality back then.’
- ‘The eminent biologist played a crucial role in the fight to decriminalize homosexuality in Britain.’
- ‘He has never hidden his homosexuality during his 27-year TV news career.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.