One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having or showing a dislike of or prejudice against homosexual people.‘homophobic remarks’
- ‘Two aides have been arrested in connection with a serious homophobic assault on a gay policy adviser.’
- ‘The group was set up to directly address the issue of homophobic crime.’
- ‘Some protesters were even being accused of using racist and homophobic slurs against some lawmakers.’
- ‘The program runs a helpline for victims of homophobic abuse.’
- ‘The children's secretary published guidance earlier this month designed to clamp down on homophobic bullying.’
- ‘He was arrested for making homophobic remarks after he refused to pay an £80 fine.’
- ‘The book doesn't hide behind a mantle of political correctness but challenges a range of homophobic attitudes, from repulsion and pity to tolerance and acceptance.’
- ‘As protesters with rainbow flags mourned the victims and condemned the homophobic sentiment assumed to be behind the attack, police hunted for the assailant.’
- ‘Many gay people do not report 'low level' homophobic attacks because they think nothing will be done.’
- ‘He drew the ire of a gay rights group that has previously defended the actor when he was accused of homophobic language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.