One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Red blood cells offer several advantages as a model system for this type of experiment in that they lack any internal organelles, are homogeneously filled with hemoglobin, and can be osmotically swollen to a spherical shape.’
- ‘The contestants are from ‘diverse backgrounds’ - television-speak meaning that they are homogeneously good-looking and career-driven.’
- ‘Most models of metabolic and signal-transduction pathways describe the cell as a ‘well-stirred reactor’, its soluble components distributed homogeneously throughout.’
- ‘Rather than expect that lipids remain homogeneously distributed within biological membranes, one should expect that domains spontaneously form.’
- ‘Its population is small, much more homogeneously white than the Democratic Party as a whole, and it thinks differently than Democrats do elsewhere in the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.