One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most models of metabolic and signal-transduction pathways describe the cell as a ‘well-stirred reactor’, its soluble components distributed homogeneously throughout.’
- ‘The contestants are from ‘diverse backgrounds’ - television-speak meaning that they are homogeneously good-looking and career-driven.’
- ‘Red blood cells offer several advantages as a model system for this type of experiment in that they lack any internal organelles, are homogeneously filled with hemoglobin, and can be osmotically swollen to a spherical shape.’
- ‘Its population is small, much more homogeneously white than the Democratic Party as a whole, and it thinks differently than Democrats do elsewhere in the country.’
- ‘Rather than expect that lipids remain homogeneously distributed within biological membranes, one should expect that domains spontaneously form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.