One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An amino acid which occurs in the body as an intermediate in the metabolism of methionine and cysteine.
- ‘It also lowers the levels of amino acid homocysteine which, when found in high levels in the bloodstream, is linked to an increased risk of heart disease.’
- ‘In some individuals, plasma levels of the amino acid homocysteine are abnormally high.’
- ‘Metabolism of homocysteine requires an adequate supply of folic acid.’
- ‘Studies suggest that raised levels of the amino acid homocysteine are associated with reduced brain performance.’
- ‘Levels of homocysteine, the amino acid linked to heart disease, are also higher in smokers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.