One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘using rational assessments, Homo economicus attempts to maximize utility as a consumer and economic profit as a producer’another term for economic man
- ‘In the city market, homo economicus is a 'rule-following animal'.’
- ‘To give a simple example, imagine Homo economicus in mate search, trying to find a woman to marry.’
- ‘The neoclassical theory, then, assumes only one type of capitalist, homo economicus, who is rational.’
- ‘Homo economicus, by definition, is motivated by self-interest.’
- ‘He can understand homo economicus better than he can real men.’
Early 20th century: Latin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.