One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The new young homesteaders had a real interest in revitalizing agriculture.’
- ‘Sheep and cattle, introduced by homesteaders, munched the grasses that fueled periodic fires.’
- ‘In 1887, Congress confiscated 90 million acres from Indian tribes and offered it to white homesteaders.’
- ‘Confining our conversation to firearms, the most common working gun of the farmer or homesteader in the late 19th century was the double-barreled shotgun.’
- ‘The restaurant takes its name from a local saloon of the early 1900s, when Winthrop was a thriving frontier town serving trappers, prospectors, and homesteaders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.