One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The practice of transferring employment that was previously carried out in a company's office or factory to employees' homes.
- ‘Another story takes a longer look at one homeshoring firm, Decisions Design.’
- ‘Since telecommuters cost companies less than office workers, "homesourcing" offers an alternative to offshore outsourcing.’
- ‘The popular word these days is homeshoring.’
- ‘The botched experiment led the company to the notion of "homeshoring centers" in the United States that nonetheless offer low costs to customers.’
- ‘This would be consistent with the homeshoring phenomenon of tech sectors doing well in lower-wage areas outside of Silicon Valley.’
- ‘Following the "homeshoring" meme, there are lots of reports this month about American firms souring on offshore outsourcing and reverting to onshore outsourcing instead.’
- ‘Just ahead in our company's future is home sourcing.’
- ‘Here's a link to a press release from Housteau, a firm dealing with homeshoring, opening up a new development center in Columbus.’
- ‘How can you simultaneously defend the practice of offshore outsourcing but still celebrate homeshoring?’
Early 21st century: on the pattern of offshoring.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.