One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sundberg interpreted many aspects of trilobite evolution in terms of homeotic change.’
- ‘Thus major changes in body plan are possible over very short time intervals when homeotic, regulatory genes are involved.’
- ‘These genes encode proteins that are involved in regulating the expression of homeotic genes by changing chromatin structure.’
- ‘The evolution of homeotic mutants, according to Simpson, still depended on selection acting on populations of individuals.’
- ‘Several genes involved in the regulation of chromatin structure were identified as regulators of homeotic gene complexes.’
- ‘For example, it is becoming clear that co-option has played a critical role in evolution and the homeotic genes are not exempt in this regard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.