One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of having no home.‘families are facing homelessness’‘she described the problem of homelessness in the city’
- ‘According to a study done in 1994, some 12 million adults in the US have experienced homelessness at some point in their lives.’
- ‘The national agenda to end chronic homelessness is an improvement over past efforts to manage homelessness.’
- ‘The initiative would authorize $70 million in new resources and cement the federal government's commitment to ending chronic homelessness.’
- ‘Men were twice as likely to experience homelessness as women.’
- ‘As well as producing more affordable homes and tackling homelessness, the strategy aims to bring privately-owned derelict homes back into use.’
- ‘Over the last couple of years, housing advocates in Toronto have been increasingly focused on manufactured and prefab housing as a way to alleviate homelessness.’
- ‘Serious problems related to youth homelessness and young, at-risk members of the have grown at alarming rates.’
- ‘The town has received one of the largest cash boosts in the country to tackle homelessness.’
- ‘Communities across the country are experiencing a fresh infusion of ideas, energy, and volunteers to lend a hand in the fight to alleviate homelessness.’
- ‘The demands included a call to end homelessness by the building of social housing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.