One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small decentralized Aboriginal community that has returned to its traditional country.‘we packed people and food into my car and drove to a new homeland centre on the coast’
- ‘He would fly to the homeland centre and talk with the head of the Inland Clan.’
- ‘In the last two years, a homeland centre has been set up on the clan's own territory.’
- ‘The problem was how to increase and improve the quality of support for Homeland Centre-based Yolngu teachers.’
- ‘The children were from a homeland centre I had never visited.’
- ‘Many of these are now homeland centre settlements.’
- ‘In the Northern Territory, homeland centre schools are included in the Aboriginal enrolment figures.’
- ‘There followed the establishment of Homeland Centre communities on traditional lands.’
- ‘They alternated their residence between the central settlement and the homeland centre.’
- ‘The challenge was providing education to isolated homeland centre groups.’
- ‘The draft policy gives formal recognition to a particular form of organisation/administration, the extended school, comprising the base school on the settlement and the associated homeland centre schools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.