One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small decentralized Aboriginal community that has returned to its traditional country.‘we packed people and food into my car and drove to a new homeland centre on the coast’
- ‘They alternated their residence between the central settlement and the homeland centre.’
- ‘Many of these are now homeland centre settlements.’
- ‘In the last two years, a homeland centre has been set up on the clan's own territory.’
- ‘In the Northern Territory, homeland centre schools are included in the Aboriginal enrolment figures.’
- ‘The draft policy gives formal recognition to a particular form of organisation/administration, the extended school, comprising the base school on the settlement and the associated homeland centre schools.’
- ‘There followed the establishment of Homeland Centre communities on traditional lands.’
- ‘The problem was how to increase and improve the quality of support for Homeland Centre-based Yolngu teachers.’
- ‘The challenge was providing education to isolated homeland centre groups.’
- ‘He would fly to the homeland centre and talk with the head of the Inland Clan.’
- ‘The children were from a homeland centre I had never visited.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.