One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small decentralized Aboriginal community that has returned to its traditional country.‘we packed people and food into my car and drove to a new homeland centre on the coast’
- ‘The children were from a homeland centre I had never visited.’
- ‘In the last two years, a homeland centre has been set up on the clan's own territory.’
- ‘In the Northern Territory, homeland centre schools are included in the Aboriginal enrolment figures.’
- ‘They alternated their residence between the central settlement and the homeland centre.’
- ‘There followed the establishment of Homeland Centre communities on traditional lands.’
- ‘The challenge was providing education to isolated homeland centre groups.’
- ‘Many of these are now homeland centre settlements.’
- ‘The problem was how to increase and improve the quality of support for Homeland Centre-based Yolngu teachers.’
- ‘He would fly to the homeland centre and talk with the head of the Inland Clan.’
- ‘The draft policy gives formal recognition to a particular form of organisation/administration, the extended school, comprising the base school on the settlement and the associated homeland centre schools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.