One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat, especially one occupied by the owner, that is one of several in a large building.
house, flat, apartment, penthouse, cottage, bungalowView synonyms
- ‘I am writing to you to object to your proposal to build 300 home units on the Beechworth Roads site.’
- ‘I submitted plans to the local council to build twelve semi-detached home units on the land, and as the zoning allowed for such a development I didn't expect any problems.’
- ‘I am in a scheme with other people who have bought another home unit because they are all managed by the same manager.’
- ‘Suppose you had a suburb in which there was vacant land and there was a rezoning that permitted the land to be used not merely for residential private dwelling houses, but also for blocks of home units.’
- ‘It is a little hard to think that people would go into a retirement village or a home unit nowadays and think that everything is going to remain absolutely the same for year after year.’
- ‘He was employed on luxury home units being constructed in inner-city Surry Hills.’
- ‘He had numerous admissions to psychiatric hospitals and spent the last five years in hospital before being discharged to live in a home unit with Eloise, who had also spent many years in hospital.’
- ‘It used to stand where that block of red-brick home units is now.’
- ‘The company is already marketing home units at 750 euro per sq m. Apartment prices are expected to reach 950 euro per sq m after the project is completed.’
- ‘Underneath this were images of home units built by Civil and Civic and a portrait of a bank manager.’
- ‘People will shop around all Saturday afternoon to save $5 on a toaster but they'll buy a $300,000 home unit without checking anything.’
- ‘Innovative owners, Edward Rosenbaum and Jacob Baiderman, are understood to be replacing the original house with six home units.’
- ‘They tear down attractive houses, bulldoze charming gardens and replace them with home units.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.