One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat, especially one occupied by the owner, that is one of several in a large building.
house, flat, apartment, penthouse, cottage, bungalowView synonyms
- ‘It used to stand where that block of red-brick home units is now.’
- ‘He was employed on luxury home units being constructed in inner-city Surry Hills.’
- ‘I am in a scheme with other people who have bought another home unit because they are all managed by the same manager.’
- ‘He had numerous admissions to psychiatric hospitals and spent the last five years in hospital before being discharged to live in a home unit with Eloise, who had also spent many years in hospital.’
- ‘I am writing to you to object to your proposal to build 300 home units on the Beechworth Roads site.’
- ‘People will shop around all Saturday afternoon to save $5 on a toaster but they'll buy a $300,000 home unit without checking anything.’
- ‘It is a little hard to think that people would go into a retirement village or a home unit nowadays and think that everything is going to remain absolutely the same for year after year.’
- ‘Innovative owners, Edward Rosenbaum and Jacob Baiderman, are understood to be replacing the original house with six home units.’
- ‘They tear down attractive houses, bulldoze charming gardens and replace them with home units.’
- ‘The company is already marketing home units at 750 euro per sq m. Apartment prices are expected to reach 950 euro per sq m after the project is completed.’
- ‘Underneath this were images of home units built by Civil and Civic and a portrait of a bank manager.’
- ‘I submitted plans to the local council to build twelve semi-detached home units on the land, and as the zoning allowed for such a development I didn't expect any problems.’
- ‘Suppose you had a suburb in which there was vacant land and there was a rezoning that permitted the land to be used not merely for residential private dwelling houses, but also for blocks of home units.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.