One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the bases and score a run.
- ‘There have been just ten other center fielders who have hit 40 home runs in a single season.’
- ‘Bonds is the only player in major league to have hit 500 home runs and stolen 500 bases.’
- ‘Larry had hit a home run in that World Series game and Gromek had been the winning pitcher.’
- ‘It was quite a comedown for a former super star with 446 career major league home runs.’
- ‘Could you list the top three or four players who have hit the most home runs and stolen the most bases in the same season?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.