One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A loan advanced to a person to assist in buying a house or flat.
- ‘If you can move your mortgage without severe penalties, get looking for a better home loan today and claim your share of our wasted billions!’
- ‘By shopping around, you could pay far less interest on your home loan and earn much more interest on your savings.’
- ‘Meanwhile, mortgage lenders are set for an unprecedented era of competition that will drive down the cost of home loans further.’
- ‘If you can switch your home loan without paying a hefty penalty, demand a better deal from your lender.’
- ‘Americans rushed to get home loans before rates increased even more.’
- ‘Last year, a dramatic increase in the number of negative-equity home loans saw more flats taken back by banks.’
- ‘When you apply for a home loan, lenders will scrutinize your credit history.’
- ‘Change comes to all neighborhoods, even those once written off by the federal government as being unworthy of home loans.’
- ‘They suggest that the number of problem home loans is very low.’
- ‘Interest rates on home loans are still low by historic standards, making second homes more affordable for many families.’
- ‘The majority of homeowners are content to pay back their home loans over the typical 25-year life of a mortgage.’
- ‘Whenever you're free to move your home loan without paying excessive penalties, shop around for a better rate.’
- ‘If you have a home loan, refinance your mortgage to lower your payments.’
- ‘The best way to compare home loans is to add up all the costs - one-off and ongoing - over a defined period, such as three years.’
- ‘As expected, commercial banks in Namibia have announced upward adjustments in their prime lending rates and home loans rates.’
- ‘Those programs may offer lower costs than conventional home loans, Chany says.’
- ‘Check out the great home loans in our Mortgage centre.’
- ‘During the Eighties and early Nineties, millions of homebuyers were encouraged to buy endowment policies along with their home loans.’
- ‘That's because most of these home loans are on variable rates, which means that repayments increase when, or shortly after, the base rate rises.’
- ‘For example, some lenders allow consumers to obtain home loans or refinance mortgages on the basis of assets rather than credit rating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.