One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Time granted to a member of the armed forces or an employee working overseas for a visit to their home and family.‘he was on home leave before a tour in the Falklands’
- ‘We had to cancel the home leave because of concerns expressed by at the meeting.’
- ‘Was it perhaps just sufficient to warrant medical evacuation, and perhaps a spot of home leave in Australia?’
- ‘I found a college certificate programme and plan to take one course this summer during home leave to test my interest level.’
- ‘He said that if I would like to return to Laos after home leave, I would be most welcome.’
- ‘They noted that when he returned from home leave, he needed his medication more frequently.’
- ‘He was five hours late in returning to duty after home leave.’
- ‘He has worked there for a decade and has taken three home leaves over the years.’
- ‘As she gets older, more trauma would be experienced by each period of home leave.’
- ‘The reality of home leave is that you spent months fantasizing about all that you've missed, but shortly you start to feel your host country isn't so bad after all.’
- ‘Multiply that stress amount by three, and that's how the whole family feels on home leave.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.