One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Entertainment provided in the home by means of audio or video equipment.‘there is little evidence of consumers spending less on home entertainment’as modifier ‘a home entertainment system’
- ‘The machine takes home entertainment to a new dimension because of its ability to play movies and music, and the fact it offers access to the Internet.’
- ‘Its content covers cinema, clubs, live music, TV, restaurants, comedy, alternative events, kids, theatre, opera, dance, and home entertainment.’
- ‘They want to learn enough to make a confident, informed decision about their HDTV and home entertainment purchases.’
- ‘He hopes to develop his larger stores into complete home entertainment providers.’
- ‘The leading independent video retailer yesterday opened one of the country's largest home entertainment stores in Sunderland.’
- ‘We've been able to give our customers the very best connectivity options for high-quality digital home entertainment.’
- ‘This new home entertainment superstore is the first of many we are planning to open in the coming year.’
- ‘It has been heralded as the best snowboarding game yet, and the ultimate accompaniment to the future of home entertainment.’
- ‘Strong consumer demand for connected home entertainment will drive the growth of multimedia networks over the next five years.’
- ‘The studios lost as much as $11 billion at the cinema in 2003 but more than made up for that with home entertainment and merchandising sales.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.