One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large hardware store selling tools, building materials, and other household items.‘the glue applicators are available at home centres for less than ten pounds’
- ‘Cupolas can be special-ordered from home centers, or you can check some out on the Web.’
- ‘All of these fixtures should be available from local lighting stores, electrical supply retailers, or home centres.’
- ‘For a queen-size headboard, head to the home centre for a basic French door.’
- ‘One problem with home centres is inadequate quality control with installation.’
- ‘Aside from play items and siding purchased from a home center, he built the playhouse with materials salvaged from an old restaurant.’
- ‘Wood buttons (available in the dowel section of home centres) make snappy covers for screw holes.’
- ‘They can be rented reasonably from your local home centre.’
- ‘Look for snap-together glass frames from art-supply stores, and buy wood veneer sheets at a lumberyard or home center.’
- ‘Instead of making him search through the hundreds of paint cards at the home center, show him three or four different blue paint chips.’
- ‘It needn't cost more than that last load of stuff you took out of the van when you stopped at the home center to see if anything new had come in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.