Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in Christianity) the third person of the Trinity; God as spiritually active in the world.
- ‘Section 4 covers the way in which the Holy Spirit works in the lives of God's people.’
- ‘The Holy Spirit inspired men of his choosing to pen the histories, letters and poetry that make up the Bible.’
- ‘Jesus in physical form returned to heaven at the end of his stay on earth, but when he left he sent his Holy Spirit to take his place.’
- ‘The Bible teaches that it is through the agency of the Holy Spirit that men are brought to believe in Christ.’
- ‘John was merely the last to be given to write about it as the Holy Spirit guided him.’
- ‘Therefore the Trinity is the belief in God, his son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit all at the same time.’
- ‘The Holy Spirit, or Holy Ghost, of God is the power of God that makes all things possible.’
- ‘If you are a believer and follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, you have the Holy Spirit resident in you.’
- ‘You must be very careful when you come against Satan's demons, let the Holy Spirit guide you.’
- ‘Led by the Holy Spirit, we can go to Jesus and ask him to free us of the things that bind us.’
- ‘Christ is directed by the Holy Spirit, and Christ goes where the spirit leads Christ.’
- ‘Let us be open to the Holy Spirit and learn to flow with what He desires to do - whether it be in public or private.’
- ‘These texts establish the fact that demons are defeated and sent away by the mighty work of the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘There is a growing interest among Christians today in the work of the Holy Spirit.’
- ‘Christ Jesus himself, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, is God, the all Holy One.’
- ‘The Bible is our first resort, of course, for by it the Holy Spirit leads God's children into all truth.’
- ‘They preached to you by the power of the Holy Spirit, who was sent from heaven.’
- ‘Two definite areas had to be dealt with by the Holy Spirit in order to prepare a Church for Christ's return.’
- ‘Its first occurrence was on the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit started the body of Christ.’
- ‘The Holy Spirit will then change your life by the power of the Word of God and by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.