One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sacred writings of Christianity contained in the Bible.
- ‘For any Christian, the authority of Holy Scripture is central and all-important and must be applied to each and every situation thrust upon us.’
- ‘Within the community of Christian believers there are areas of dispute and disagreement, including the proper way to interpret Holy Scripture.’
- ‘Second, the other parts of Holy Scripture, both the Old and New Testaments, use many, many, many quotations from, and allusions and references to, the early chapters of Genesis.’
- ‘We promise to preach and teach in accordance with Holy Scripture and the creeds and Lutheran confessions.’
- ‘He describes and explains two understandings of what constitutes Holy Scripture, three models of Church polity and four understandings of the Eucharist.’
- ‘Every Christian must be enabled to understand the Word of God and to acquire and cultivate the ability to engage responsibly with Holy Scripture.’
- ‘Although the Apocrypha is not part of Holy Scripture, it can be helpful to read to understand the historical background, to the time before Jesus and the expectations of the Jewish community.’
- ‘The phrase ‘the word of God’ has a prominent place in all judeo-Christian thought and is, in reference to Holy Scripture, found throughout Roman Catholic liturgy and theology.’
- ‘You say that you accept everything in accord with Holy Scripture.’
- ‘Jesus Christ, as attested in Holy Scripture, knows no national boundaries.’
- ‘There always have been, and likely will be until our Lord returns in glory, disputes and disagreements about how rightly to discern the teaching of the Word of God in Holy Scripture.’
- ‘Please join with us in praying for these Bible schools and the pastors and leaders who do stand firm on the impregnable rock of Holy Scripture.’
- ‘But his increasingly radical theological ideas, placing overwhelming confidence in Holy Scripture, led to his condemnation and withdrawal from Oxford.’
- ‘God has made us to improve what we have, and I think this also can be inferred from what we read in Holy Scripture, whether it's the Bible or the Holy Scripture of other religions.’
- ‘According to Holy Scripture, this Holy Spirit is neither only the Spirit of the Father nor only the Spirit of the Son, but is the Spirit of both.’
- ‘There once was a day when a regular talk was given on ‘Quiet Times’ in student meetings, encouraging deeper thought on Holy Scripture and prayer.’
- ‘This third study will examine some crucial elements of worship revealed in Holy Scripture.’
- ‘He argues that the biblical text is understandable to those who will listen, both inside and outside of those theological communities which use the Bible as Holy Scripture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.