One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The Saturday preceding Easter Sunday.
- ‘There was the Good Friday service, a trip to confession on Holy Saturday and, of course, Mass on Easter Sunday.’
- ‘On Holy Saturday the Easter Vigil (including Mass) will be celebrated in Allenwood Church at 9 pm.’
- ‘On Holy Saturday the Vigil Mass is at 9p.m. and Masses on Easter Sunday are at the usual times.’
- ‘Preparing music for Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday masses took the entire afternoon and most of the night.’
- ‘When I look at this icon, I think of the words of Christ in an ancient Greek homily for Holy Saturday: ‘I am your God, who for your sake have become your son.’’
- ‘The Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday is at 9.00 p.m.’
- ‘Easter is a week-long observance of strict religious rituals culminating in Good Friday, a midnight mass on Holy Saturday, and a mass at dawn on Easter Sunday.’
- ‘At Easter the tradition is to consume food blessed on Holy Saturday.’
- ‘Preparations for Holy Saturday were made well in advance.’
- ‘The vigil on Holy Saturday was well over three hours.’
- ‘The Easter ceremonies on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday were very well attended.’
- ‘The Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday at 9 p.m. will include blessing of the new fire of Easter and the new Easter candle.’
- ‘There were large congregations at the Easter Ceremonies on last weekend, Holy Thursday, good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday.’
- ‘Thus Good Friday was the day when Jesus was crucified, Holy Saturday when he stayed in the tomb and Easter Sunday when he resurrected.’
- ‘The Resurrection, the climax of Holy Week, is celebrated at the end of Holy Saturday.’
- ‘There were good attendances on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday in all three churches as the faithful made the journey with Christ through His suffering and death and finally His resurrection.’
- ‘They also observe other standard holidays of the Christian calendar, including Good Friday, Holy Saturday, Easter Monday, Ascension, and Whitmonday.’
- ‘Clergy and lay members of the United Church of Christ met on Holy Saturday to draft a statement.’
- ‘The Vigil of Easter liturgy held yearly on Holy Saturday in my former campus congregation always is a special occasion.’
- ‘The Easter Vigil Mass is at 8.30p.m. on Holy Saturday and Masses on Easter Sunday will be at the usual times of 10a.m. and 12 noon and 11a.m. in Craggagh.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.