One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sovereign ruler of the Holy Roman Empire.‘the Archbishop of Cologne was removed from his position by the Holy Roman Emperor’
- ‘Francis was elected Holy Roman Emperor in exchange for the return of the lands of Bavaria to the Elector's heir.’
- ‘He later described what he saw in letters to the Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘The most important states belonged to the seven Electors—men who selected the future Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘Both projects were commissioned by the Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘During the Middle Ages a few detached Antique works had been publicly preserved around several palaces of the Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘By law, the Holy Roman Emperor could appoint a temporary head of state until an enquiry worked out who would be the next legitimate head of state.’
- ‘In August 1619, Ferdinand was elected Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘Mary, daughter of Charles, quickly married Maximilian, the son of the Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘A second matter was the question of who was the legitimate Holy Roman Emperor.’
- ‘In 1556 he became Holy Roman Emperor after his brother had abdicated all titles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.