One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveZoology
- ‘Antarctic crinoids and holothuroids often perch on sponges presumably to increase the efficiency of their own feeding.’
- ‘Cuvierian tubules are peculiar organs found in several species of holothuroids (sea cucumbers), all belonging exclusively to the family Holothuriidae.’
- ‘Tubule adhesion forces were similar for the holothuroid species examined here.’
- ‘Thanks also to Dr Massin for his help in the identification of the holothuroid specimens.’
- ‘The aim of the present work was to measure the adhesive strength of Cuvierian tubules in different species of holothuroids and also to investigate the influence of different physical factors on tubule adhesion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.