One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the fictional private detective Sherlock Holmes, especially in being extremely perceptive.‘his powers of Holmesian deduction’
- ‘I actually thought the mystery here was deduced by its characters in a Holmesian manner, but for the viewer it became obvious too quickly what was happening and fell into lazy TV territory.’
- ‘A slew of characters offering up information and speculation pop in and out in her lively paced, almost Holmesian pursuit of the truth.’
- ‘She has written a wonderful story that is true to the Holmesian style.’
- ‘His most personal movie presents a classically Holmesian mystery.’
- ‘He has been a friend of the great and good for many years, his Holmesian intelligence and insightfulness coming to their rescue more times than he would care to remember.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.