One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A native of the Netherlands.
- ‘Who now should henceforth dare to say that one Spanish fighting-man was equal to five or ten Hollanders?’
- ‘Gulliver comes aboard with several men, and decides to speak Dutch, so that he may enter Japan, for Hollanders are the only Europeans permitted to enter the Eastern island.’
- ‘There have been five Hollanders to play in the NBA: Hank Beenders, Geert Hammink, Rik Smits, Swen Nater, and Serge Zwikker.’
- ‘It was built in 1897 and designed by President Paul Kruger's architect, Sytze Wierda, a Hollander, and was at one time the tallest building in town.’
- ‘A large crowd of the Hollanders had gathered outside and many were cheering and waving, others watched with blank stares, and some had tears streaming down their face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.