One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Characterized by the belief that the parts of something are intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
- ‘If so, a paradigm shift to the holistic approach might be managed.’
- ‘These two books bring a holistic approach to the analysis of transport and transport networks.’
- ‘We will all need to get beyond our individual narrow interests and begin to develop a holistic solution that works for everyone.’
- ‘Moreover, holistic method has proved useful in the hard sciences, for example in the geological theory of plate tectonics.’
- ‘I think where Chaos and Complexity theory are really going, is, a holistic understanding of the universe.’
- 1.1Medicine Characterized by the treatment of the whole person, taking into account mental and social factors, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
- ‘Our local strategy is based on a holistic view of health care that integrates primary, intermediate, and secondary care.’
- ‘We believe that recovery is a process that heals the whole person therefore, we take a holistic approach to treatment.’
- ‘They offer a holistic approach to cancer care, which helps the whole family, not just the sufferer.’
- ‘The following case study demonstrates how she combines all these areas to offer an holistic approach to treatment.’
- ‘These clinics also employ holistic approaches to cancer treatment such as meditation, visualisation, massage and so on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.