One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large, modern holiday camp.
- ‘The developers of the Bluestone project pledge that the holiday village, Waterworld and Snow Dome would bring 600 permanent jobs to the county.’
- ‘Other initiatives include the provision of retail outlets for Welsh produce to be sold to visitors to the holiday village.’
- ‘Perhaps we should just laze by one of the pools, read a book in the sun… or maybe have a lager and lunch in one of the bars here in the holiday village.’
- ‘By the time Novelli was 19 he had finished his national service and was working in Corsica, at an exclusive holiday village.’
- ‘This area of the Lleyn Peninsula is better known for the holiday village of Abersoch, where every summer the beaches and waters come alive with the bright sails of yachts, sailing dinghies and windsurfers.’
- ‘The full development consists of a waterworld, holiday village, 340 timber lodges and a Snow Dome.’
- ‘Currently a holiday village is being upgraded and relaunched to make it an attractive venue in which to hold business and corporate events.’
- ‘The 19-acre site will be developed as a holiday village, incorporating a new bedroom wing with 127 two and three bedroom suites and apartments.’
- ‘The holiday village is within walking distance of the beach and is close to a number of shops, restaurants, sporting and leisure facilities.’
- ‘The holiday village is 50 m from the sea shore and will have pools, restaurants, shops and sports facilities.’
- ‘So far there have been few expressions of interest from people hoping to snap up one of the 600 jobs on offer at the holiday village, to be built on land neighbouring Oakwood Park.’
- ‘Port Bourgenay is a custom-built holiday village in the Western Loire region of France, equipped with its own lake, harbour and four swimming pools.’
- ‘The company will build new accommodation, convert standard villas to executive suites and upgrade swimming pools and restaurants for its four holiday villages across the UK.’
- ‘We lived in Prague, where my father was chargé d' affaires at the British embassy, and we were at a little holiday village out in the countryside, at a place called Slapy.’
- ‘The holiday village is about four miles from Penrith and set among more than 400 acres of woodland and lakes.’
- ‘The development within the national park includes 340 timber lodges, a holiday village with shops, restaurant and sports club and 60 further units of accommodation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.