One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) the period of time from Thanksgiving until New Year, including such festivals as Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
- ‘Thanksgiving is the traditional start of the holiday season for most Americans.’
- ‘The holiday season is the perfect time to introduce club members to spa services.’
- ‘With the holiday season behind us and the new year ahead, it's time for a fresh start.’
- ‘With the holiday season approaching, it's time to get together and celebrate.’
- ‘The holiday season is over and we've only begun the long, hard march to spring.’
- ‘All of the products will be launched in time for the holiday season, executives said.’
- ‘Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and excellent New Year's.’
- ‘Busy shop workers will probably look forward to a rest once the holiday season is over.’
- ‘The company added that it was looking forward to strong sales in the Christmas holiday season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.