One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in the US) the period of time from Thanksgiving until New Year, including such festivals as Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
- ‘With the holiday season behind us and the new year ahead, it's time for a fresh start.’
- ‘The holiday season is over and we've only begun the long, hard march to spring.’
- ‘All of the products will be launched in time for the holiday season, executives said.’
- ‘The company added that it was looking forward to strong sales in the Christmas holiday season.’
- ‘Thanksgiving is the traditional start of the holiday season for most Americans.’
- ‘Busy shop workers will probably look forward to a rest once the holiday season is over.’
- ‘With the holiday season approaching, it's time to get together and celebrate.’
- ‘The holiday season is the perfect time to introduce club members to spa services.’
- ‘Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and excellent New Year's.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.