Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in the US) the period of time from Thanksgiving until New Year, including such festivals as Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa.
- ‘Thanksgiving is the traditional start of the holiday season for most Americans.’
- ‘Wishing everyone a wonderful holiday season and excellent New Year's.’
- ‘All of the products will be launched in time for the holiday season, executives said.’
- ‘The holiday season is the perfect time to introduce club members to spa services.’
- ‘With the holiday season approaching, it's time to get together and celebrate.’
- ‘With the holiday season behind us and the new year ahead, it's time for a fresh start.’
- ‘The company added that it was looking forward to strong sales in the Christmas holiday season.’
- ‘Busy shop workers will probably look forward to a rest once the holiday season is over.’
- ‘The holiday season is over and we've only begun the long, hard march to spring.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.