One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A job undertaken by a student outside of term time.‘I bought my first car from my earnings from holiday jobs’
- ‘I thought it would be a nice holiday job—a nice relaxing role.’
- ‘A university medical student, during a holiday job, suffered an impact injury to the throat from the tongs of a negligently driven forklift.’
- ‘With unemployment remaining high, applications for traditional holiday jobs have skyrocketed this year.’
- ‘They have paid for their tickets with holiday jobs or sponsored bike rides.’
- ‘She fell from a pickup truck at an amusement park, where she had a holiday job.’
- ‘The first risk assessment was done by a college student on a holiday job.’
- ‘I spent my holiday jobs working in the local council's rates office.’
- ‘It's no longer possible to be sure of walking into a holiday job with union rates.’
- ‘Thirty years ago I had my first holiday job in Oddbins.’
- ‘It was the anthropology student's first day of a holiday job at the docks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.