One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house or flat that someone owns in addition to their usual home and uses for holidays.‘the cottage was let weekly as a self-catering holiday home’
- ‘A British newspaper recently revealed the results of a survey of the cost of buying holiday homes in the eurozone.’
- ‘The agent pointed to a development called The Courtyard, which illustrates the renewed demand for holiday homes.’
- ‘Some companies are now reviewing the whole issue of insuring holiday homes.’
- ‘They are handling the sale of a number of holiday homes in Galway.’
- ‘Selecting the appropriate colour palette for a holiday home is crucial.’
- ‘The agency is handling sales at Seaview, a new development of 58 holiday homes.’
- ‘An increasing number of Irish people are investing in holiday homes around the country.’
- ‘The idea is to attract permanent residents to the area rather than, for instance, having the accommodation used as a holiday home.’
- ‘He was born in Sligo, where he retains a holiday home.’
- ‘According to agents in the area, the budget has triggered renewed demand for holiday homes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.