One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A house or flat that someone owns in addition to their usual home and uses for holidays.‘the cottage was let weekly as a self-catering holiday home’
- ‘A British newspaper recently revealed the results of a survey of the cost of buying holiday homes in the eurozone.’
- ‘Selecting the appropriate colour palette for a holiday home is crucial.’
- ‘The agent pointed to a development called The Courtyard, which illustrates the renewed demand for holiday homes.’
- ‘Some companies are now reviewing the whole issue of insuring holiday homes.’
- ‘They are handling the sale of a number of holiday homes in Galway.’
- ‘The agency is handling sales at Seaview, a new development of 58 holiday homes.’
- ‘According to agents in the area, the budget has triggered renewed demand for holiday homes.’
- ‘He was born in Sligo, where he retains a holiday home.’
- ‘An increasing number of Irish people are investing in holiday homes around the country.’
- ‘The idea is to attract permanent residents to the area rather than, for instance, having the accommodation used as a holiday home.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.