Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device for punching holes in sheets of paper, so that they can be filed in a ring binder.
- ‘I have my stapler fully locked and loaded and strapped to my ankle I have the hole punch for emergencies.’
- ‘To make the hole for the tassel, use a hole-punch.’
- ‘I walk up to the counter, about to procure my worldwide travel adaptor, and medium-duty hole punch.’
- ‘Here, stiff strips of paper have been tinted a dull green or brown by a chlorophyll wash and perforated with a hole punch.’
- ‘A paper cutter, stapler and hole punch is also available.’
- ‘I nod, and he takes an orange, a remote control and a hole-punch from the desk in the corner of the room.’
- ‘Others made bubbles with hole punches, and once this process began, the possibilities became endless for new ideas with a hole punch.’
- ‘It will scan up to 25 A4 pages at 600 dpi and finishing options include booklet, staple and hole punch.’
- ‘In the end, Emily got some scrapbooking hole punches where Rebecca walked away empty handed.’
- ‘Use a three hole punch to fit those pages in the beginning of your book.’
- ‘Thanks to their material simplicity, they seem more closely related to workplace antiquities like the stapler and the hole-punch than integrated chips.’
- ‘The holes for the raised circular crane posts can be cut with a standard hole punch.’
- ‘She's not the sharpest tool in the box - I even had to show her how to use a hole punch properly.’
- ‘He gives me a grin and I want to pick up the three hole punch and bash his face in.’
- ‘Use a large hole punch to cut circles from a different color of card stock; glue them to the card.’
- ‘Use those bits of leftover wrapping paper and a hole punch to make confetti.’
- ‘Right now my hole punch is propping the window open.’
- ‘A small hole punch (like your paperboy uses) is good for notching the walkway to clear the steam pipe.’
- ‘Punch three holes in the bottom of the tile with a 1/16-inch hole punch.’
- ‘It was clear from my purchases that I am a global traveller, the hole punch not the worldwide travel adaptor.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.