One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shot that enters the hole from the tee with no intervening shots.
- ‘At Oak Hill golf course, in 1989, there were four holes-in-one on the same hole.’
- ‘The highlight of the day-long competition though was set by one of the 16 female golfers, who recorded a hole-in-one on the ninth hole.’
- ‘‘I was amazed when I got to the 14th hole and scored a hole-in-one,’ said Cllr Chaudary.’
- ‘The last thing in my mind when I approached the tee was making a hole-in-one.’
- ‘She made two holes-in-one on the front nine - from 112 yards on No.2 with a 4-wood and from 157 yards on No.5 with a driver.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.