One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For all its hokeyness it is a brilliant film.’
- ‘Any guy could understand falling for a real girl like Allie, and it was that quality that flavoured the film with enough sincerity to cover the hokeyness.’
- ‘Critics have argued younger viewers simply don't go for the old-fashioned hokiness of people singing to one another about love.’
- ‘The inherent hokiness of the story would make it seem either likable but forgettable, or worse, just plain annoying.’
- ‘Bovell penned the screenplay here as well, and though some of the dialogue veers on hokiness, for the most part he deserves praise for such an intricate web of characters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.