One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Critics have argued younger viewers simply don't go for the old-fashioned hokiness of people singing to one another about love.’
- ‘Bovell penned the screenplay here as well, and though some of the dialogue veers on hokiness, for the most part he deserves praise for such an intricate web of characters.’
- ‘The inherent hokiness of the story would make it seem either likable but forgettable, or worse, just plain annoying.’
- ‘Any guy could understand falling for a real girl like Allie, and it was that quality that flavoured the film with enough sincerity to cover the hokeyness.’
- ‘For all its hokeyness it is a brilliant film.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.