One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long hill or mountain ridge with steep sides.
high ground, rising ground, prominence, eminence, elevation, rise, hillock, mound, mount, knoll, hummock, tor, tump, fell, pike, mesaView synonyms
- ‘It wasn't that far of a drive, about ten minutes or so to the other side of the hogback and then five minutes to get to the place.’
- ‘In addition, he discovered the first Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus skeletons in the hogback ridge to the southwest of the Table Mountains.’
- ‘He lives below the ridge and currently has an undisturbed view of the hogback and the valley beyond.’
- ‘I reached the summit of the hog's back mountain without difficulty, and rested at the cross on its peak.’
- ‘The resulting hogbacks, composed of Mesozoic sediments, can readily be seen dipping away from the mountains by those approaching the beautiful isolated peaks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.