One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for observing the paths of subatomic particles, especially those arising from cosmic rays.
- ‘The use of muon hodoscopes for diagnostics of active phenomena in the Earth's atmosphere will give a possibility to watch the inner atmospheric processes at principally new level.’
- ‘The ones that reach the earth, and trigger the hodoscope, are mainly muons.’
- ‘In the PAMELA telescope are included several scintillation counter hodoscopes.’
- ‘In addition, the two hodoscopes can provide time measurements with a resolution of few hundred picoseconds.’
- ‘The center of the hodoscope is currently bowed towards what was the upbeam direction.’
Early 20th century (denoting a microscope for examination of light paths in crystals): from Greek hodos ‘way’ + -scope.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.