One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Look up there,’ Ariela whispered hoarsely, pointing a trembling hand towards the sky.’
- ‘A Park Avenue-type like Dean shouting hoarsely somehow doesn't compute.’
- ‘‘No,’ she whispered, hoarsely, and uttered the first word she had said all day.’
- ‘At a spankingly spruced-up Corran Park, the home crowd were roaring hoarsely inside the opening minute.’
- ‘‘Thank you,’ he whispered hoarsely, and Tibyn could see how much he meant it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.