One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Surely my bones are weakened and my head flares with hoariness!’
- ‘The hoariness of the adage does not reduce its truth.’
- ‘As the season advances this hoariness increases, and towards the end of the summer the undersides of some of the branches are invested with a thick downy substance, so long as at times to be sensibly agitated by the air.’
- ‘Their broad leaves instead of appearing glossy and green as usual, now are dusted with pale, silvery hoariness.’
- ‘My interest in this isn't to mock newspapers for their hoariness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.