One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1British‘the council is considering the idea of forcing the landlords of all HMOs to apply for a licence’short for house in multiple occupation
- ‘Where a property is not located within an area of 25% or more HMOs then change of use is likely to be granted subject to other planning considerations.’
- ‘The aims of the initiatives are to control the growth of HMOs and improve the standard and management of these properties.’
- ‘The residents of the Georgian street were backed by Fife Council, which refused consent for the former manse to be converted into two HMOs.’
- ‘The number of family homes being converted is reaching the level where people are concerned that entire communities will become dominated by HMOs.’
- ‘Swansea's Labour-led council said in its election manifesto that tackling what it called an "overconcentration" of HMOs which "blights" many parts of the city would be a major priority.’
- ‘The law is targeted at the 12,500 private houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) and is intended to protect those residents, such as students, from overcrowding and unsafe facilities.’
2USshort for health maintenance organization
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.