One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infected with HIV, the virus which causes AIDS.‘she established a shelter for HIV-infected women and their children’
- ‘In 1997, the boy won a battle against policies keeping HIV-infected children out of public schools.’
- ‘All of the HIV-infected subjects had evidence of significant apoptosis at baseline.’
- ‘Far off their radar is the issue of organ transplantation for the HIV-infected.’
- ‘The goal of the present study was to generate insights into the reasons for celibacy among older HIV-infected adults.’
- ‘It was the subject of a recent long-term human study on its potential to benefit HIV-infected patients.’
- ‘The lowest erythrocyte magnesium concentrations occurred in HIV-infected subjects who consumed alcoholic beverages.’
- ‘Little is known about the full range of sexual adaptations HIV-infected individuals have chosen.’
- ‘Forty-eight per cent of the world's HIV-infected adults are women, up from 35 per cent in 1985.’
- ‘It is the country with the largest HIV-infected population in the world.’
- ‘There are 25 million HIV-infected people in Africa alone.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.