One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A team of assassins.
- ‘It's that freedom of speech thing I'm always going on about in my brownshirt hit squad way.’
- ‘He had hit squads going all over the place and he also arrested another former military president.’
- ‘It promoted a range of activities, including the direct action methods of the hit squads that targeted the police, the NCB and scabs.’
- ‘But if it's a team, a hit squad, there will be others - there probably has been already.’
- ‘And for as long as there have been informers, there have been hit squads and assassins ready to liquidate them.’
- ‘It has ordered CIA hit squads to assassinate a foreign head of state.’
- ‘He was linked to a hit squad that murdered Iraqi dissenters in Europe.’
- ‘UK businesses that fail to adhere to data protection laws face criminal prosecution following the creation of a new hit squad.’
- ‘The agency, he said, had gone as far as establishing hit squads to carry out the assassination when the opportunity arose.’
- ‘Informants of the US police are willing to testify that Rizzuto was part of a hit squad that took down three Mafia heads in Montreal.’
- ‘Mrs. Bhutto was run out of office in 1996 on charges of corruption, economic incompetence and the sanctioning of police hit squads.’
- ‘‘It's a hangover from being followed everywhere by hit squads,’ he says.’
- ‘The CIA provided lists of suspected communists for Ba'ath Party hit squads, who liquidated at least 800 people.’
- ‘For a 13 year-old, the kid has more gumption than most counter-terrorist hit squads.’
- ‘The targeting was far from professional and many of the victims of these government - backed hit squads were innocent civilians.’
- ‘The army claims that its hit squads only operate behind enemy lines but the manner in which those arrested operated raises doubts.’
- ‘Many of the victims of the Klan hit squads were abducted at gunpoint, and later killed.’
- ‘And if you don't kill us he will have a hit squad go after your family and there is no way we are going to let you kill us.’
- ‘This makes them an even softer target for the hit squads.’
- ‘The unit will also be able to send hit squads into ‘failing’ police stations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.