One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pop song or musical track that sells well when released as a single.‘the group's hit single ‘Best Song Ever’’
- ‘There's only one sign of a hit single on the whole thing.’
- ‘The objective is to record a debut song with a hit single that would help them get noticed on both sides of the border.’
- ‘It sounds less like a cohesive album than an attempt to stumble upon the formula for one more hit single.’
- ‘Music videos for the three hit singles spawned by the highly popular soundtrack album are featured, all in full screen.’
- ‘The deliciously syncopated "Spoon" was a number-one hit single in Germany later that year.’
- ‘They've produced a string of classic hit singles, combining edgy ideas from rap with classic female vocal harmonies.’
- ‘Playing the hit single isn't really the band's raison d'être.’
- ‘The big hit single is actually one of the weaker tracks.’
- ‘No one will accuse them of churning out hit singles with Beatles-like efficiency.’
- ‘Unlike her last, this is not an album crammed to the brim with hit singles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.