Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A weekly listing of the current bestselling pop records.
hit parade, top twentyView synonyms
- ‘But let's enjoy this band now, before they sell out and become like the rest of the malady-ridden malaise currently polluting our hit parade.’
- ‘Both deserved their places in your hit parade, not to mention their respective Brit nominations.’
- ‘With the hit parade out in full force, tracks from Bleed Like Me were infinitely more tolerable than they are on the record.’
- ‘What do you think about today's music and the current hit parade?’
- ‘A better leading indicator of the politicization of pop was the first appearance of a Seeger composition on the hit parade.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.