Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Treat or represent as historical.‘he attempts periodically to historicize his text’‘he historicized freestyle with striking aptitude’
- ‘Instead her work employs the language and findings of psychologists' grief and trauma studies without historicizing those findings and terms.’
- ‘But this power is achieved by historicizing Chesnutt in a way that ignores important forces that recent scholarship has illuminated.’
- ‘Indeed, it has been historicized so widely and in such large proportions that it may need to avoid epic resonances.’
- ‘I also agree that historicizing thoughts, patiently, carefully, is very important.’
- ‘The attempt to define and historicize Gary Hill's ‘video art’ becomes a difficult task as long as we are looking for its essence.’
- ‘He thus also historicizes regulatory practices that have been said to have no market logic.’
- ‘Barkan's work is profoundly attentive to historical forces without, however, historicizing his objects of study to death.’
- ‘In short, no documentary history or historical narrative has provided a thorough, definitive study historicizing basic writing.’
- ‘Ironically, therefore, Wallerstein's attempt to historicize the concept of a world system has been circumvented by his acolytes.’
- ‘Bloch faces the problem of the ‘natural’ by historicizing it.’
- ‘There is a price to be paid, however, for historicizing the big-name writers in this fashion.’
- ‘In this statement, Harper contests racial essentialism by historicizing African American opportunities.’
- ‘The images, on the other hand, do less to historicize artistic representations of the veil and instead highlight recent art works.’
- ‘I'm not talking about films that historicize graphic design.’
- ‘The issue now lies in historicizing subjectivity in post-Song Chinese painting.’
- ‘She argues convincingly that anatomy must be historicized in a particular time, place, and locus of interests.’
- ‘In historicizing the social division of labor, Marx demonstrated that classes are specific and historically determinate.’
- ‘We need to know how racism operates in the art business because it is the business of art that defines and historicizes our culture.’
- ‘It is a Kantian conception that was then historicized by Hegel.’
- ‘I thought I was only humorously historicizing issues of convenience in women's fashion.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.