Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of the microscopic structure of tissues.
- ‘Nonetheless, over the last three decades a number of studies have explored their ecology, histology and physiology.’
- ‘The edge of a lesion should be biopsied and tissue submitted for histology and culture.’
- ‘Conventional histology validates the structures illustrated in the MPM images.’
- ‘Chromium dosage at quite high levels in animal studies showed no disturbance in liver and kidney function or tissue histology.’
- ‘The tumour was debulked using a microdebrider with a suction-trap to collect all the tissue for histology.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.