Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The study of the microscopic structure of tissues.
- ‘Conventional histology validates the structures illustrated in the MPM images.’
- ‘Nonetheless, over the last three decades a number of studies have explored their ecology, histology and physiology.’
- ‘The edge of a lesion should be biopsied and tissue submitted for histology and culture.’
- ‘The tumour was debulked using a microdebrider with a suction-trap to collect all the tissue for histology.’
- ‘Chromium dosage at quite high levels in animal studies showed no disturbance in liver and kidney function or tissue histology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.