Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A diagram consisting of rectangles whose area is proportional to the frequency of a variable and whose width is equal to the class interval.
graph, table, tabulation, grid, histogram, diagram, guide, scheme, figure, illustrationView synonyms
- ‘The standard procedure for generating a histogram is Graphs Histogram and then selecting the relevant variable.’
- ‘Curves are density function or relative frequency histograms across the genome.’
- ‘To see this more clearly we show the frequency histogram for a long cryptogram that was obtained using a Simple Substitution Cipher.’
- ‘We inverted the algorithm to generate afterpulse-modified histograms from ideal histograms.’
- ‘The fluorescent signals are presented as frequency distribution histograms.’
Late 19th century: from Greek histos mast, web + -gram.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.