Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The differentiation of cells into specialized tissues and organs during growth.
- ‘The histogenesis of granular cell tumors has been debated since their recognition.’
- ‘The histogenesis of small cell carcinoma of ovary is unknown.’
- ‘Calcifying fibrous pseudotumor is a rare lesion of uncertain histogenesis that has a unique histologic appearance.’
- ‘The histogenesis of mixed tumors is most likely from stem cells with divergent differentiation.’
- ‘This process can be broken into three phases: initiation, organogenesis, and histogenesis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.