Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The differentiation of cells into specialized tissues and organs during growth.
- ‘The histogenesis of mixed tumors is most likely from stem cells with divergent differentiation.’
- ‘The histogenesis of small cell carcinoma of ovary is unknown.’
- ‘This process can be broken into three phases: initiation, organogenesis, and histogenesis.’
- ‘The histogenesis of granular cell tumors has been debated since their recognition.’
- ‘Calcifying fibrous pseudotumor is a rare lesion of uncertain histogenesis that has a unique histologic appearance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.