One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Compatibility between the tissues of different individuals, so that one accepts a graft from the other without giving an immune reaction.
- ‘Major histocompatibility complex genes are known to influence the immune functions.’
- ‘Parabiotic mice have been reported to produce stable blood chimerism across major histocompatibility barriers.’
- ‘Additionally, the grafts also contain minor histocompatibility antigens, which will elicit a rather slow immune response.’
- ‘Blood and tissue typing and histocompatibility tests must be done in advance.’
- ‘However, there are many minor histocompatibility antigens that cannot currently be matched.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.